AndrographispaniculataNees (Acanthaceae), also called the Kalmegh of Ayurveda is an erect annual herb extremely bitter in taste in each and every part of the plant body. The plant is known in north-eastern India as Maha-tita', literally means the king of bitters.
Since ancient times, A. paniculata is used as a wonder herb in traditional Ayurvedic systems of medicine as well as in tribal medicine in India and some other countries for multiple applications. Therapeutic value of Kalmegh is mainly due its active component Andrographoloid that has shown Immunomodulatory activity.
Kalmegh is a very important medicinal plant of traditional medicine system. It is used in Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy to treat broad variety of diseases. It is found growing wild throughout the plains and hills of tropical India, from Uttar Pradesh to Kerala, and also in Bangladesh, Pakistan and all South East Asian countries. It is cultivated as an ornamental garden plant. All part of plant are extremely bitter due to which plant is known as king of bitter. This plant is called HempeduBumi (meaning bile of earth) in Malaysia.
Traditional Uses of Andrographispaniculata
Kalmegh is extremely bitter medicinal herb useful in blood purification. In traditional medicine it is used for treating leprosy, gonorrhoea, scabies, boils, skin eruptions etc due to its blood purification properties. Its decoction prevents and treats liver diseases and fever.
The decoction/Kwath or infusion is also used in sluggish liver, indigestion, bowel irregularity, anorexia, abdominal gas and diarrhoea. Fresh leaf juice is given to prevent excessive bleeding during periods.
Whole plant is used in general debility, during convalescence after fevers. The plant is also useful for preventing and treating respiratory illness. Infusion of leaves is given in general weakness and indigestion.
1. Chronic fever : Andrographispaniculata is an effective herb for treating chronic fever. Viral fever affects liver badly. In such cases use of Kalmegh protects liver and helps in faster recovery.
2. Liver related problems, Infection in intestine : Andrographispaniculata is especially useful in treating liver related diseases. It exhibits hepatoprotective and hepatostimulative property. In traditional medicine system aqueous extract of Kalmegh leaves is given for jaundice.
3. Chronic constipation, Indigestion, abdominal gas :
1. Other formulations of kalmegh are using whole plant preparation while in Androlite capsules Concentrated Andrographis Paniculata Extract is being used which is more potent than whole plant preparation.
2. We are using Vegetarian HPMC capsules(not Hard Gelatin Capsules) in this formulation. So this is a purely Vegetarian Formulation.
3. Efficacy of this product has been substantiated by latest Scientific Research on AndrographisPaniculata .
1. HerbaAndrographidis should not be used during pregnancy or lactation.
2. HerbaAndrographidis is contraindicated in cases of known allergy to plants of the Acanthaceae family.
Due to potential anaphylactic reactions, crude extracts of HerbaAndrographidis should not be injected
Extracts of HerbaAndrographidis may have a synergistic effect with isoniazid.
Please consult your Healthcare Professional before using this product.
DISCLAIMER : Please DO NOT substitute your medical treatment with this product and this information does not intend to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.